Image Map

Wednesday 19 December 2012

Update | Life, Uni and me

Hello Lovelies,
Long time no see. Once again, I've been a bad blogger. I can't remember the last time I sat down and wrote anything beauty related. University has very slowly taken over my life and in the last few weeks before my hand in dates, I decided to have a break from blogging and focus. But now I'm home for christmas I though I could sit down and write. 
 I wrote a post about going to uni during the first week of being there (here), so I thought I would do a follow up. So much has changed since that first post, when I wrote that I still hadn't even meet everyone I was living with or started my course! But now i'm half way through my first year! Time had gone unbelievably quickly! 

 I'm loving my course and the people on it. I've learnt so much and I'm more certain than ever that I want to be a journalist. There are some areas of the course that aren't my favourite, but I expected these things. In March as part of my course I get the chance to go to Paris for four days, which I'm so excited about, I've never actually been to France! They even throw in a day in Disney Land! The prospect of travelling as part of my course and the upcoming Work experience just makes me even more excited about my course!

 Living in halls has been the most difficult part about university life, and I didn't expect this, I was all set for the deadlines and heavy work load but not living in halls. I love the people I live with, and I've made some friends for life, but being with people 24/7 can be difficult at time. Girls can be bitchy and Guys can be messy. 13 of us are together all the time in one extremely tiny kitchen. I've learnt a lot from living in halls. You won't love everyone, everyone won't love you. But it doesn't mater. It's just not worth my time or energy to be a part of it, and life is a lot more important than juvenile games. Don't get me wrong I love halls, I love having my friends there all the time, Its like a year long sleepover. Going out the night before a 9am start. Living so close to everything. Nights in watching DVDs in each others rooms. Its Brilliant and then its awful all at the same time. 
 In summary It's great to be home, I miss my friends and my new life at uni, but home will always be home.


Love 
Megan 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you're so lucky you get to go away as part of your course! Which university are you at?

    A lot of my friends who went to uni last september seem to have found halls the hardest part, I'm going next year and I reaaaaally can't wait.

    Charlotte xo
    charbuckss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I think i go away in 2nd and 3rd year as well:D I'm at Southampton Solent :) Yeahhh I think most people have found it! ohhh I'm excited for you! I Couldn't wait! :)xx

      Delete
  2. I seriously cant wait to go to uni..I'm so done with school! I'm thinking to go into journalism as well, but I'm not sure yet :)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely photo collage and glad that you love and learned a lot throughout your uni courses <3
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...