Image Map

Wednesday 22 May 2013

Review | MAC Fix Plus & How I use it!

Hey Guys,

While I was in the lovely city of Paris a few months back I picked up a bottle of MAC fix plus on a bit of a whim. I know several people who love it, and seeing as I couldn't leave a MAC shop empty handed I picked this up for about €13 something around that. 

'An aqua-spritz of vitamin and minerals, infused with a calm-the-skin blend of green tea, chamomile, cucumber, topped off with the fresh, natural, energizing scent of Sugi. Adds radiance, finishes makeup. Spray it on. Skin drinks it up!'


I know many people use Fix Plus as something that keeps your make up in place, a setting spray. Maybe its just me and my skin, but as much as I wished it would Fix Plus does nothing at all for keeping my make up on, (I've yet to find anything that seriously does so!) However I do love the spray and use it for a whole bunch of other reasons.

Having oily skin I tend to powder my face often however that can often leave we that cakey, powdery look after make up. One sprtiz of this really helps get rid off all the excess powder and leaves a really natural un-cakey face, rather than looking like I've just walked face first into a powder puff! 

I also love using this under my make up, so once I've washed my face I spritz this on and then apply my moisturiser, It's a brilliant way of locking in my moisturiser and I feel leaves my skin feeling so much softer once I've applied my make- up.

In the past I've also mixed this with my foundation as I use Nars Sheer Matte Foundation (review here) which dries extremely quickly, giving you little time to blend it properly. I feel a spray of Fix Plus on the back of my hand or my brush and then mixed with my foundation really helps with blending it and almost buys me some more time to get it blended just right! 

Fix Plus has so many uses, and Its the perfect thing to finish off your make up. The slide and lock spray on the bottle is perfect for travelling and I know this will be absolutely perfect for when i'm on holiday and want a midday refresher! I 100% recommend Fix Plus but if you are looking for something purely make your make up last all day this in my opinion might not be exactly what you are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...